Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

It has been an interesting trip so far.  The first word that comes to my head is "Hot".  It is extremely humid and hot.  In addition, it rains every evening around 3:00pm. I had the opportunity to tour the city and see the different areas people live in. Yesterday I went to Casco Vijo.  It's an old historical area of panama. We go to see workers restore the old buildings in an attempt to preserve them. I also went to the Panama Canal and veiw two ships attempting to cross the canal.  It's amazing the engineering and thought that went into the project. Also, I walked through the small museum and it was interesting to see the years and hard work it went into the Panama Canal.

It is a beautiful country with a lot of things to see and do. I'm looking forward to the next three weeks and experiencing a different part of Panama. I've notices a big economical class difference so in small towns I can imagine that poverty may be worse.  Well, off I go up to the country side, up the mountains on an 8 hour bus ride with my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment